Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seasoned Sub, New District

Well, today was my first day subbing in a new district. Left early, thankfully, because there was unexpected traffic along the way! The check in process was sign a half slip of paper w/ my address and who I was subbing for, get the key, then off down the hall- no map, sub book, or sub sheet to fill in and hand in at the end of the day. Even though the school and classroom were different...and schedule, the kids are the same....some interested, some not, most listen, some goof.....the 3rd - 5th grade ages don't change from district to district. Lunch early, and my prep was subbing in another class, but by 2 ish, I was in dire need of coffee or chocolate:) Will remember for day 2 in the same school.
Also, listening to other subs talk about the interview process in school district....1 had an interview (I had applied earlier last month)....so, I am again the low man on the sub totem pole!!!
But, the day was gorgeous, I got out early enough to enjoy a walk with my pup....thinking positively!

No comments:

Post a Comment